Build the body you want,
0
Minutes at a time

HOW DOES EMS WORK?
“Muscles need stimulus to get activated”

In day-to-day life, these stimuli are triggered via the CNS (central nervous system) and forwarded through the spinal cord and nerves to the proper muscles
[your brain makes your muscles work]

EMS (electro-muscle stimulation) works by sending a pulse to your muscle, forcing a stronger contraction than possible by your brain alone, combined with a functional workout – allowing it to effectively act as a form of resistance, and a way to make your workout more efficient.

The first theory is that when you maximally contract a muscle, at best, only 30% of your muscle fibers are in a state of contraction. The remaining 70% are dormant and awaiting recruitment when the contracting fibers fatigue. Training with EMS allows you to stimulate the dormant muscles in order to improve their strength.
Simply put, it takes an average 10,000 repetitions for your brain to learn how to quickly send a message to your muscles via the quickest nerve pathways. This contraction pattern becomes your “memory engram”. The more frequent your muscle is recruited the better your body becomes at finding the quickest way to recruit that muscle.

Training with EMS will provide you the additional contractions in order to accelerate the learning process and learn to “control” or “squeeze” each muscle.

There are several muscles types involved
in your natural everyday movements and
the physical training of your body.

Type 1 muscle fibers (slow twitch fibers)
  • During normal movement, slow muscle fibers of type 1 (slow twitch fibers) are used during your day-to-day life.
Type 2 muscle fibers (fast-twitch fibers)
  • Although, the Type 2 muscle fibers are more relevant when training in the gym, being fast and strong, they are typically the last fibres to be trained, towards the end of a conventional workout
  • By using the EMS technology, however, type 2 fibres are being engaged and trained immediately, allowing for better results in less time.
Another advantage obtained by training with EMS technology at Fit Express / Studio X when compared to conventional strength training is that nearly all of your motor units are activated at the same time.

What this means is you can effectively train 9 major muscle groups simultaneously, compared to a typical gym session where muscle groups are trained one after another.

You simply cannot get a 20 minute workout that is this efficient in, during the span of 20 minutes using conventional methods.

Too long, didn’t read:

Your agonist and antagonist muscle groups are activated at the same time (biceps and triceps) and being trained via EMS technology.

EMS allows us to work your deep muscle fibres – via specifically controlled training parameters.

What this means is that EMS can serve as an effective method of training even for new mothers during their post-pregnancy recovery.

  • Connector.

    SAVE TIME

    Get the equivalent of 1-2 hours of training done in the span of only 20 minutes.

  • Connector.

    ACHIEVE OPTIMAL BODY FAT

    Since it is an effective strengthening workout, it changes your metabolism and the way your body burns out calories. It is a very effective tool for weight loss and fat elimination, from the first session of training.

  • Connector.

    BUILD MUSCLE & STRENGTH

    Electrodes are placed on each major muscle group; ensuring a clean, efficient contraction is forced on the muscles – foolproof.

  • Connector.

    EASY ON THE JOINTS

    With minimal use of weights, EMS allows us to give you an incredible workout with a very minimal impact on the joints – whereas conventional weight training workouts can be very tough on the joints.

  • Connector.

    RELIEVE BACK PROBLEMS

    As there are electrodes built into the training suit along the spinal column, those rarely trained muscles that support your posture get worked as well. So muscles get stronger which can lead to the relief of backaches.

  • Connector.

    FIXING MUSCULAR IMBALANCES

    The built in electrodes can stimulate and develop all the muscle groups or just selected ones if desired, so the otherwise ’weaker links’ of the body can be strengthened.